Increasing traffic is easy……Well, kind of!! I have scoured the internet in a bid to understanding the tools, techniques and competencies required to increase traffic and take one’s blog to the next level. Increasing traffic is like baking a cake, if you methodically follow a recipe (my proposed checklist), use quality ingredients (original content) and employ the appropriate skills and techniques (add on features and analytic tools) you blog WILL experience exponential growth!!
I have created a checklist for Bloggers to re-evaluate posts before publication. Seven Deadly questions…..
- Is my content original?
- Have I created something that is of interest to other people and not just myself?
- Who am I trying to connect with? Age, Gender, nationality….
- How am I connecting with the reader? through humor, interesting facts, strong visuals, captivating quotes?
- Have I occupied on authoritative position on the topic in question? Do I need to reference stats or figures?
- Is my headline engaging?
- Have I optimized my post for search engines?
When you have analyzed and proofread your post and put the final aesthetic touches on your publication you should then consider these XXX things
- Are my tags appropriate?
- Is my content visible to search engines?
- Who’s post could I comment on to increase readership?
- Have I linked to appropriate blogs on my post?
- Which of my social media friends would be good advocates for sharing my post?
In this weeks post, I wanted to try and offer simple and effective thttps://dailypost.wordpress.com/postaday/ebook-grow-traffic/ips to improve the reach of your blog. If you are looking for a more advanced tutorial on growing traffic, you should check out